With over 1900 locations across 45 states, it's safe to say that Panera Bread might have a few menu items we just might like. Ok..... LOVE! Among the variety of options from bread, soups, salads, coffee and desserts, is an ultimate comfort food. Panera Bread's mac and cheese calls my name more often than I would like to admit!
This SUPER easy copycat recipe takes hardly anytime to make and the best part is I don't have to pretend that I didn't just change out of my pajamas! Kudos to all day pj parties and make that mac and cheese come to you!
- 1 16-ounce Package package of rigati pasta
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2½ cup milk
- 6 Slices white American cheese, sliced into thin strips
- 8 oz extra-sharp white Vermont cheddar, shredded
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- Cook them noodles like the box or bag says. Leave’r be.
- In large saucepan, heat down low, melt that butter.
- After, dump in that flour and give’r about 1 minute, whisking constantly.
- Gradually stir in the milk and keep’er goin’ on the halfway heat, stirring until mixture thickens and bubbles.Take’r off.
- Add cheeses, mustard, salt, and hot sauce, stirring until cheese melts and sauce is real smooth.
- Dump in the pasta and cook over halfway heat for 1 minute.
- And have atter!