I love my garden! It's my backyard oasis where I go to relax and forget about the stresses in my life. I like to wander around and look at all the plants, and it's so cute to add a little whimsy with some fun decorations!
I've gone to quite a few garden stores and all of their decorations are pretty expensive - just a basic pot can cost you $50 or more! I've found that the best way to spruce up your garden is to make some decorations yourself, it's actually quite easy and much less expensive.
These Garden Mushrooms are adorable, easy to make, and the red really stands out in the garden. All you need are terra cotta pots and saucers, paint and glue - so simple!
Keep scrolling to see how to make these fun Garden Mushrooms.
Want to try other backyard DIYs? Check these ones out!
Start by spray painting the saucer red and the pot white. Let dry.
Next, use super glue or spray adhesive to stick the saucer on the bottom of the pot.
Use something round to trace circles on the red part of your mushroom. If you can draw circles freehand without any help go for it!
Fill in your circles with white acrylic paint. Let dry.
Spray with a waterproof clear paint or spray on sealer before putting them outside.
Your mushrooms are now done and ready for your garden...aren't they cute?
See below for the easy-to read instructions for these Garden Mushrooms.
- 2 round terra cotta pots in various sizes
- 2 round terra cotta saucers/plates (each 3-5 in. wider than the bottom of matching pot)
- Spray paint (white and red)
- White acrylic paint
- Waterproof clear paint- on or spray sealer
- Shot glass for tracing circles
- Small paintbrush
- Glue or spray adhesive
- Start by spray painting the saucer red and the pot white. Let dry completely.
- Next, use super glue or spray adhesive to stick the saucer on the bottom of the pot.
- Use something round (like a shot glass) to trace circles on the red part of your mushroom.
- Fill in your circles with white acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Spray with a waterproof clear paint or spray on sealer before putting them outside.
Do you know someone who would love these mushrooms? Make sure to share this DIY with them!
Watch our video below that shows you step by step how to make these adorable garden decorations.