Young Japanese artist, Isana Yamada's project Samsara is a stunning study of marine life and the six elements on the Rokko Ring in Buddhism.
Each Whale represents a stage of Samsara (the repeating cycle of birth, life, death). Within their bodies, the whales encapsulate different objects: a volcano, a sea of clouds, a sunken ship.
In her graduation piece, the postgraduate student arranged the six whales, in a ring symbolizing the soul's struggle to escape from the circle of life.
- The dimensions include:
- Submarine Volcano: Hell dimension
- Polar Bear Bones: Hungry Ghosts Dimension
- Brute Dimension : Prison
- Purgatory Dimension : Cherry blossoms and 55 skulls
- Human Dimension: Sunken Ship
- God World Dimension: Sea of clouds
Photos provided by Isana Yamada
To see more of her work visit the website here. Do you think these are beautiful? Please like and share!