Just when I thought sandwiches couldn't get any more delicious, I found this masterpiece! It's a mixture of everyone's favorite sandwiches - grilled cheese and BLT and club. How have I never thought of melding these flavors together before?
Of course the classic club had three slices of bread, and this one is no different, but the bread is actually grilled cheese! Everything you know about a club sandwich is here, smokey bacon, tender chicken and juicy tomato. It's so good!
Not only is this sandwich delicious but it's really quick and easy to make. Serve it up as a satisfying meal for the family at home or package it up for a yummy on-the-go snack. Serve it with a side salad, soup or chips. You'll be putting this on your regular recipe rotation from now on!
Would your family love this epic sandwich? Scroll down to get the full directions for how to make this at home!
Looking for more sandwich ideas? Here are some you need to try!
Start by heating up a large frying pan. Add enough butter to the pan to evenly cover the surface and let it melt.
Add 3 slices of bread to the pan, top with cheese and cover each with another slice of bread.
Once the bread is toasty and golden brown, flip so it cooks on the other side. You're basically just making grilled cheese sandwiches at this point.
Once both sides of the bread are cooked, remove from the pan and set on a cutting board to do some assembly for the rest of the ingredients.
Spread mayo on the top side of each grilled cheese.
Top with sliced chicken.
Next add your lettuce.
Place one of the grilled cheeses on top of the lettuce, mayo side down.
Top this with bacon and tomato.
Place the remaining grilled cheese on top of the bacon, mayo side down.
Secure your sandwich with skewers, slice in half and serve. Enjoy!
See below for the easy-to-read instructions for how to make this mouthwatering dish.
- 6 slices white bread
- 3 slices Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and halved
- ¼ pound rotisserie chicken, sliced
- Begin making your grilled cheeses one, two, or three at a time (depending on the size of your pan - go as big as possible!) by setting a pan or griddle on medium-low heat. Melt a pat of butter onto the pan, then lay down one (or two, or three, depending on the size of your pan - you will have made three grilled cheeses in total by the end) slices of bread directly on the pan. Place a slice of cheese on each slice of bread, then cover with another slice of bread.
- Cook the grilled cheese slowly on the pan until toasted on the bottom and the cheese is starting to melt. Flip the sandwiches, then cook slowly once more until toasted on the other side and the cheese is fully melted. Remove the grilled cheeses and place in the oven to keep warm if you still have another to make.
- Once the 3 grilled cheese sandwiches have been made, begin assembling your club sandwich. Begin by evenly spreading mayonnaise on one side of each sandwich.
- Lay down lettuce on one sandwich, then chicken, then top with the third grilled cheese, mayo-side down. Spread more mayo on the other side of the middle grilled cheese. On another sandwich, lay down tomato, and bacon, then close the sandwich by laying down the other grilled cheese.
- Secure the sandwiches with sandwich skewers, then slice the sandwich up in half or in quarters. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Do you know someone who would love this epic sandwich? Make sure to share this recipe with them!
See our video below that shows how we made this sandwich. Let us know how yours turned out!