My kids love any sort of Easter egg hunt idea. I found this recipe and immediately knew it was my new go too to hide eggs. This is going to blow their minds and was honestly so quick and easy to make!
The little eggs took little to no time to make and have very little clean-up. Not to mentioned allowed me to sneak in a few candies to eat along the way. Try these out with your family for this coming holiday! I know yours will love it as much as mine!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag marshmallows (10 ounce bag)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 tablespoon butter or baking spray
- Plastic Easter eggs
- Easter M&M’s
- LIGHTLY grease the inside of the plastic eggs and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot on low heat on stovetop. Once butter is melted, add the marshmallows. Stir often until marshmallows are melted and combined with the butter.
- Gradually pour in the Rice Krispies cereal. Stir with a spatula or large spoon until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Place a small amount of the Rice Krispies inside each part of the egg. Gently press the Rice Krispies against the sides of the egg so there is a little hole in the middle.
- Place 3-5 M&M’s in each hole (on both sides) and close up the egg. Open up the plastic egg and remove the Chocolate Surprise Easter Egg. Start again until you are out of the Rice Krispies mix.
- Store in an airtight container. They are best eaten within two days of making them.